The StoryBuilder system is based on a bunch of simple forms. I worked with Excel and QuattroPro to build early versions, but I failed. Either these spreadsheet programs were the wrong kind of tool, or I didn't know how to use them well enough.
Then I discovered TiddlyWiki. A friend received a link to it, thought it was interesting but not useful to him, and he showed it off to me. I thought at once that it must be useful for something, even if what or how wasn't clear to me yet. Then I saw how TiddlyWiki could serve as the StoryBuilder interface.
I was able to build the system and test it, though it was all kinds of cumbersome. A barely competent programmer could have done better with less effort. Still, I outlined my novel through three drafts with that version of the system. It worked.
Now I'm trying something similar with this site, and I'm failing to leap over the basic hurdles. I don't appear to be able to simply upload the StoryBuilder.htm file and activate it as a page unto itself. If it were rendered as a gadget, it could be made to lurch along. I'm not qualified to make that happen, and even if I were, the interface wouldn't work inside the frames that seem to be imposed here.
I'm not giving up altogether, just toddling off to bed.